Concrete Overlay Additional Instructions:
When using PolyXsand on concrete overlays (pavers/stones installed directly on concrete), a minimum of 1% slope to the concrete and a 1” layer of bedding sand on top of concrete is required. Do not allow water to be trapped in the system. Any water that enters the surface of concrete overlay applications must be allowed to escape the sand setting bed at the outside perimeter of the project. If pavers or stone are set directly on top of the concrete, drill 1” drainage holes thru the concrete with a coverage rate of 1 hole/sq. ft. Fill holes with open graded gravel and covered with geotextile (to keep polymeric sand from migrating into the holes). Drainage channels in lieu of holes in the concrete can also be installed. See ICPI for installation details.
PolyXsand contains no portland cement. The curing process varies and could take up to 24 hours based on temperature and humidity level. Cool, damp and overcast conditions will increase PolyXsand set up time.
PolyXsand MUST BE STORED in a dry location protected from rain and moisture. Intact, covered pallets can be stored outdoors.
- Do not apply too much water too fast as to flood the pavement or erode sand from paver joints.
- Prior to applying PolyXsand with natural stone, be sure the surface is free of any dust or stone residue by rinsing thoroughly with water. Then, make sure the natural stone and joints are completely dry prior to installing polymeric sand.
- Do not apply this product to any wet or damp surface because the polymeric sand will adhere to the surface and is difficult to remove.
- This product is not designed for vertical applications and is not a substitute for mortar on vertical or horizontal applications.
- Do not mix or dilute polymeric sand with any other product.